All Clad Copper Cookware Features
- Heavy-gauge copper outer layer disperses heat laterally and vertically for even heating
- Pure aluminum center core enhances even heat distribution
- Long stay cool riveted handles
- Copper lids when included
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime Waranty
- Materials: 3-Ply bonded construction: Copper exterior, stainless steel interior, pure aluminum inner layer
- Oven safe up to 350° F
- Handwash only – Dishwasher use will damage the copper exterior
Where to Buy
Amazon.com FREE Shipping
For those who want lasting beauty and the look of luxury, the All Clad Cop R Chef collection is the perfect product. This cookware has a shiny stainless steel interior and an outer layer of shiny copper. This is a great set to display in your pot rack and people who buy it often allow the copper finish to age into the rosy patina of copper pots and pans of times past.
Not to be confused with All Clad’s Copper Core,which is built with a copper inner layer, Cop-R-Chef has an outer skin of shiny copper, a thick aluminum core and a shiny stainless steel interior.
See the difference below:
Now that you understand the difference between the two, let’s talk about this beautiful Cop R Chef line.
When it comes to heat conductivity, the All Clad Cop R Chef cookware has the best of both worlds.
Sandwiched between the bright copper exterior and an 18/10 stainless-steel interior lies a thick core of pure aluminum that spreads heat evenly across the bottoms of pots and pans and all the way up the sides.
The stainless steel interior creates the ideal cooking surface that won’t react with foods and its polished surface makes it stick resistant.
One of the drawbacks of copper cookware is cleaning it. As you can imagine, the dishwasher is a big no no. But given the stick resistant interior, a short soak will loosen any stuck food and washing it in soap and warm water with a terrycloth is really easy.
Keeping it shiny is also a matter of choice. While All Clad recommends using a copper cleaner, all you really need are a lemon and coarse salt. Sprinkle the cut side of a lemon half with the salt, then rub it over the copper, which will soon gleam.
What we liked:
- Beautiful and elegant
- Even heating, no hot spots
- Shiny interior makes is stick resistant
- Easy to clean by hand
- Displays beautifully, especially in kitchens with traditional design
What we did not like:
- Pricey but being the luxury that it is, one should expect it
- Needs polishing
- Not dishwasher safe