The beauty of this high end nonstick cookware is not only its good looks but its versatility. It comes in two surfaces:
The sear surface, not available with other nonstick cookware, has a specially textured surface that allows you to brown and sear evenly. Like Iron Chef Michael Symon says, the pan does all the work (watch the video below). The slide surface, is shiny and extra smooth and allows food to release without effort.
The pans are built with thick anodized aluminum, allowing even heat distribution with no hot spots. The handles are riveted and have an ergonomic design. This cookware can be purchased as a set or separately. Obviously, buying a set is a more economically approach and it makes a great starter set and a great gift for a new bride (hint, hint).
As I said before, there are different pans for different functions. Here is the summary of which cookware comes in Slide and which comes in Sear:
Calphalon Unison types:
|SEAR SURFACE products||SLIDE SURFACE Products|
Calphalon Unison Features
- Heavy-gauge hard anodized aluminum construction provides superior conductivity and even, consistent heat
- Two separate proprietary 3-layer nonstick surfaces
- Revolutionary Slide Nonstick surface releases foods effortlessly
- Specially textured Sear Nonstick surface seals in flavor
- Heats quickly and evenly
- Ergonomic stay-cool handles
- Effortless food release
- Nonreactive with foods
- Domed, tempered glass lids with stainless steel rims
- Foods slide effortlessly from the Slide surface
- Dishwasher safe
- Sear surface is adequate for browning. Better than most nonstick
- Sear cookware is oven safe so you can finish your dishes in the oven (did you watch chef Michael?)
What we didn’t like:
- Tries to create the classic ‘fond’ so loved by us foodies but does not really achieve it
Cookware.com has a limited time offer of FREE GIFTS with Purchase – a $340 Value. They also have FREE SHIPPING.
Cooking.com Limited time offer: Double bonus – receive 2 gifts valued at $250. Free shipping available.
Amazon.com Competitive prices, FREE shipping
- Material: Heavy-gauge, hard anodized aluminum; Slide nonstick and Sear nonstick interiors
- Oven safe to 500°F / 260°C
- Dishwasher safe
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime warranty