Although most cooks do not own a saucier (also known as chefs pan) I find it to be one of the most versatile pieces of cookware .
It can definitely be used as a substitute for a saucepan if you are short of storage space. The 3 ply stainless-steel layers sandwich pure aluminum core for even heating. It has a long comfortable handle that stays cool after 10 minutes of stirring. It’s wide mouth allows for easy evaporation and quick sauce reduction, and its round sides make it a breeze to stir anything from sauce to risotto.
- Materials: 18/10 stainless steel with an inside aluminum core
- Capacity: 3 quarts
- Oven safe to 350° F
- Dishwasher safe
Cookware.com (Free Shipping)
What we liked:
- Pan requires little heat to get the job done
- Easy (very easy) to clean
- Nice balance between weight and handle
- Beautiful mirror finish
- Tight fitting lid
What we didn’t like
- The price. However you get what you pay for